Fearless is excited to announce that we have been named 2017 Maryland Minority Owned Business of the Year for the U.S. Small Business Week Awards.
From the Small Business Administration: Each year, the President of the United States declares National Small Business Week to celebrate the contributions of the small business community to the nation’s economy. The SBA holds the annual awards competition to recognize outstanding small business owners and their advocates.
Fearless was founded in 2009 by Delali Dzirasa and since then the team has grown to more than 30 people.
“We’re very excited and honored to have been chosen as the 2017 Maryland Minority Owned Business of the Year,” Dzirasa said. “We want to build software and work on projects that have a positive impact on our communities, and it’s humbling when someone recognizes the work that we do. It’s a reflection of not just one person and their ideas, but of the entire team and the hard work they put in to get every project done, and done right.”
Congratulations to all of the winners:
- Maryland Small Business Person of the Year: Kara A. DiPietro, HMC, Incorporated, Columbia
- Accountant Advocate: Peter McDonald, Smith, Elliott, Kearns & Co., LLC, Hagerstown
- Attorney Advocate: Donald Walsh, Esq., Offit Kurman, PA, Baltimore
- Family Owned Small Business: Chris Coleman, Nelson Coleman Jewelers, Towson
- Financial Services Champion: Gerald Baroudi, Business Finance Group, Gambrills
- Home-Based Business Champion: Andy Musliner, InRoads Toys, LLC, Crofton
- Insurance Champion: Matthew Lehman, Moran Insurance, Severna Park
- Minority Owned Small Business: Delali Dzirasa, Fearless, Baltimore
- Small Business Exporter of the Year: George Hepburn, Dynasplint Systems, Inc., Severna Park
- Veteran Owned Small Business: Charles Wilson, CW Consulting Group, LLC, Towson
- Women Owned Small Business: Vanna & Julia Belton, Flavor, Baltimore
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Jessica Zaleskiwicz, Coco Couture, Severna Park
We can’t wait to celebrate with all of the winners at the 33rd Annual Maryland Small Business Week Awards Luncheon on June 8th.